Welp, I’m pretty sure that Monday, April 29th is going to be a day that I wont soon forget. Life changed. Offer extended. Ever since college I’ve wanted to get my masters abroad, but I never thought it would actually be a reality. In my search for an amazing postgrad program, what should I come across but University of London’s International Child Studies program?! The programme (you see how I’m already starting to use the British English?! Gotta start somewhere!) will expand my view of child rights, protection, and wellness, connect me to an incredible network, open heaps of doors for my future career, and enable me to study with incredible students and professionals from across the globe. Oh, and also the small added benefit of it being in LONDON, baby!! What more do I need to say?! Not only do I get to study amazing subject matter with amazing people, but I get to do it in one of the largest international hubs in the world! What!? It just seems so surreal that I am actually going. This has been such a long time coming and it just feels so right. So so so so many things to get done before I get there, but let me just say that I feel so blessed, excited, nervous, happy, sad, <insert any other emotion you can think of here>. So… that’s right… I am now in the blogging business! I know.. try to contain your excitement! Many people have suggested that I blog, so here’s the chance! You ready to journey with me through the next crazy amazing year? You ready to learn a whole bunch of awesome things about London, child studies, random exploring, and trying to navigate through British slang all while trying to combat the “stupid american” stereotype? I thought so… Well strap on you’re wellies! … And we’re off!
Bob’s You’re Uncle!, (Wait… I have two uncles named Bob… so Bob’s my uncle?… sigh… so it begins…)
Laur

No comments:
Post a Comment